Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya guys, Nuptup here.

Drove the car home from the detail shop and started looking for the leak I know I had. Anyhow, it's on the power steering pump high pressure line, the one down low on the pump. Anyway, my roommate said he's unsure if it's a flare fitting or something with an o-ring and that "if it is a flare fitting, that would mean you have a bigger issue than just that connection." Now, my inexperienced self asked what he meant and he replied along the lines of "if it's an o-ring, it's easy to fix. If it's a flare fitting, it means there's a bigger issue and you might have to buy a new pump or the entire hose because flare fittings just work. They don't really fail." So, I'm wondering if anyone here knows what I should do. A new pump is around a hundred bucks, but if it's just an o-ring that's nicer. Or, if it's flare, can anyone give me some advice or guidance? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks a bunch,

Nuptup!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
but if it's just an o-ring that's nicer.
For future reference to anyone else, it is absolutely just an o-ring. I bought the full line replacement, saw an o-ring in the bag, smiled, bought an o-ring, replaced the o-ring and returned the line replacement. saved about 70 bucks. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts