Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
To fix mine I had to flush the fluid and change the pump. In truth I don't think the pump was bad, most likely the reservoir screen was dirty. I changed the fluid first and things got a little better and sometimes sounded normal once the engine was warm, but in the morning or after the car had sat, you still had the squeal. On changing the pump, it took about a day for everything to sound normal.

Since then, I have also added some seafoam trans tune to the PS fluid. I plan to leave it a week or two and flush the fluid again. This is the method I followed.

· Administrator
4,325 Posts
Another thought... Did you bleed it correctly?
Also, was it a rebuilt from somewhere like an AutoZone? If so I had the same problem in the past. Took the third pump to stop the whining sound. Did a quick search and found it's a common problem with rebuilt pumps.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you replace the o ring for the reservoir ? Also the o ring for the high pressure hose at the pump?
No I haven't checked that yet thanks for the info I won't get to it until this weekend but I will check it thank you very much
Another thought... Did you bleed it correctly?
Also, was it a rebuilt from somewhere like an AutoZone? If so I had the same problem in the past. Took the third pump to stop the whining sound. Did a quick search and found it's a common problem with rebuilt pumps.
Had it replaced in the shop pump is supposed to be guaranteed Life warranty second pump put on will try bleeding first over the weekend if I don't get any results I'll change the pump again thank you very much for your input I appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts