Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure of some of you have this same problem. I have a 2007 G6 and it is a little over 70,000 miles. I am driving and I feel a wobble in my steering when I am driving for a little way and then it seems fine. I have got the power steering on my DIM and then it will go away. My questions are, does the 2007 have electronic or pump (I am pretty sure it is electronic), and what does it take to replace? I don't know if it is a component in my steering wheel like I have read. Please let me know some more information on this issue and I wanted to see if anyone has fixed this on their own so I don't get owned by the dealer.

Thanks....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
IIRC, all the 4 cyl were electric (EPS) & the V6s hydraulic.

If you don't have a fluid reservoir you have EPS. It sounds like you have EPS & it's bad news when that starts happening. Replacing the EPS is in the $700+ neighborhood.

205 Posts
I had this problem 6 months after buying my 4-cyl back in 2009. Steering wheel would shake even after the car is off for a moment and my power steering would just go out. I was still under warranty so They fixed the power steering once but then I had to return a month later and they replaced the power steering all together. Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts