Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to have my 2.4 tuned and am wondering if anyone has done it yet and would recommend and good computer system brand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I got my 2.4 tuned. WAMS tune is the way to go. Tuned PCM and TCM drops right in and totally worth it. I'm not sure of what software to use to do the tuning though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok since we are on the topic of recommending PCM and TCM stuff. Here's a question. Where is the best place to get one at?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you just install the computer yourself or take it to a shop?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
installed my self, Incredibly easy. You just need one 10mm wrench to disconnect the battery. The computer is held in with plastic clips that you can just pull apart with your fingers.

The only problems you may run into is needing to relearn the key and the Crank Shaft Position Sensor

The key relearn you can do yourself. The crank relearn requires either a Dashawk or a GM Tech II Tool.

Some people were able to just go to the dealer and have them do the learn easily.
I did it myself using a friends dash hawk. Though I drove for 2-3 weeks before my check engine light came on for that sensor.

There's a 50% chance you'll need to do the relearn. If you send in your PCM to be reflashed then you are less likely to need to do the relearn.

I bought a new PCM and TCM from WAMS outright, so I have my stock ones as spares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts