Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have owned my '06 G6 for about 4 years now. Recently the power window control switch for the driver's window has been acting up - meaning it is becoming increasingly hard to roll it up. It goes down fine, but to roll it up I have to pull very hard on the switch, almost hard enough to break it... I believe something is just wearing out in the switch? Has anyone encountered this problem or anyone know how to fix it? I really don't have $100's of dollars to waste at the dealership... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I heard that malibus have problems with the drivers window switch, and the only real fix was to replace the entire switch assembly in the door. I think they go for around $40 direct from GM at warehouse pricing, Theres a lot of markup on em. Try GMPartsDirect.com for a quote

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard that malibus have problems with the drivers window switch, and the only real fix was to replace the entire switch assembly in the door. I think they go for around $40 direct from GM at warehouse pricing, Theres a lot of markup on em. Try GMPartsDirect.com for a quote

Thank you, I will have to check that out. I can handle $40...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts