Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to buy a G6, and after spending a while searching around the site, I had a few general questions before I committed to the buy, and I hope you guys can help me out.

I'm looking for a 2006+ G6 GTP, manual, with side airbags, this, apparently, is a rather hard thing to find.
I have found several GTP's that are manual, but don't have the side airbags (optional in 2006), and I was wondering if it was possible to buy a GTP missing the side airbag option, and have it installed by a dealer, and if so, how much it would cost.

If the airbag option isn't possible, would it be worth waiting for the perfect GTP to surface, or would I be able to get a GT with the same options, and not experience too much of a loss of power/enjoyment?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
It would probably cost a TON to have them installed later on. Airbags are crazy expensive... If you REALLY want a G6 with side airbags then get the one you want. Wait if you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, one last question; I'd there anything specific I should look at when I go to check out the car? Any problems/parts/rattles/whatever that can turn into big problems for G6s down the road? It's an 07 GT btw

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Make sure when you drive the radio is OFF so you can hear the car. Some salesmen will turn on the radio to mask noises.

There is a known steering wheel clunk when turning the wheel but if the car has any warranty done then it may have already been replaced or lubed. Other than that I didn't have anything wrong with mine. Just be sure you check EVERYTHING before the purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the 3.9 look for any sort of oil or coolant leaks especially around the head. Head gasket failures are common with the lz9 but the is an updated gasket out so it could be ok. Also make sure the trans shifts through all gears well without any slip. Since it is an 07 it will have the 100,000 mile warranty so dont worry to much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.