Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently shopping for a used G6. I know for a fact that i'd settle for nothing other then a V6. I noticed that the GT obviously always has a V6. However, i noticed that some base models (non-gt or gtp) have V6's as well. Is there any difference. Also, what are some things I should inspect before purchasing a car? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
yes there is a difference in trim, shifter, tranny gear ratios etc.....
Get a GT or GTP or even a GXP!!

In 2005 the GT was the top of the line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have $10,000 to spend and i suppose, for the perfect car, i'd be willing to travel a decent distant. I have a couple in my area that look good, havent had a chance to check them out yet. Any specifics I should be aware of? Have there been any recalls since they have released?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Sedan's are lighter and faster....
BELIEVE IT OR NOT

Stay away from coupe sunroofs. They leak...draintube clogging issues.

3.6 is the fastest....

Your about 2-4 grand off from a nice used GTP.....

as always...use caution around the pano roofs. Gorgeous but rattle and squeek.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a used '06 G6 (V6), for just at $10k. Great deal for the whole package. Shop around at local dealers, they're hurting now and are willing to make a deal, the hard part is the financing. If you can get that set then they'll be more than happy to see you walk through the door.

ripley.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If u r looking at a G6 model year 05 i would research its history these cars are pagued with steering issues (some not all) and can be a constant headache from what i have been reading ALOT about mines no exception as i found out Monday during a trip to the dealer i had them run the vin# and what do ya know, both control arms, ball joints and three I shafts or whatever their called replaced all in 08. Its alot of money to spend so just make sure u know what your getting cause your stuck with it but on the flip side i do like it its got all the features u want/need and lots of go for the show just research it, it may take a day or 2 or 3 but you'll buy knowing all u can about it not what the dealer wants u to know about it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Buying a Car

This is an excellent thread as it does address what the current value of G6s realistically are and their common problems all summed up.

I bought My 2005 Pontiac G6 GT a last month for $8000 Canadian, plus taxes. I talked the dealer down from sticker price of $10 900. Granted it does have several noticeable scratches around the car, 140 000km and probably just off lease. No warranties, and hadn't been cleaned yet. however I drove a lot of g6s and was stuck on the GTs. This was the car that was the most mechanically solid it just lacked in appearance from up close. My overall advice is always do your homework and if you are really looking for G6 you'll naturally choose a GT or GXP/GTP etc. Base models are boring (no offense to anyone but you know its true ;))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.