Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 G6:

I have the Metra 99-3303 that comes pre wired I wired everything up color to color. Now the cd player turns on and all the buttons seem to work I just don't get sound??? Now for that info screen I get nothing no power or anything. I looked up the install manual put it didn't help to much. There is that other 12 pin that has 2 wires in it but it says it for on star which this car does not have. I'm just lost on whats going on...... I'm sure it's just something small a quick fix but I just can't get it figured out... Any help would be great!

I tried hooking up the pink/red wire to see if thats why the info wasn't getting power.

This one was before I tried hooking it up.

Thanks,
Tim

· 2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
I would need to be in your car looking at the wires to figure it out. Something isn't connected or grounded where it should be....
the trick is finding it.

· 2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Both your stereo and your metra are going to need to be grounded i believe.

· Registered
292 Posts
continuity checks can save lives... or just time!;)

shouldn't green be the ground?

· Registered
17 Posts
dont know if youve fixed this yet or not but you could have spliced the remote wire from the cd player to the wrong wire in the harness i did this and had the same prob. you have to **** ut into the rem. amp wire and not the rem. ant wire. the look fairly the same so idk if that is your prob or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.