Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i have a 2009 g6 2.4 and i think somethings wrong with my mileage. reading everyone elses, mine doesnt come even close..i only average around 20.5, sometimes even 19 on the radio display. the car was a demo car, so i'm paranoid about every little thing. does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey everyone, i have a 2009 g6 2.4 and i think somethings wrong with my mileage. reading everyone elses, mine doesnt come even close..i only average around 20.5, sometimes even 19 on the radio display. the car was a demo car, so i'm paranoid about every little thing. does anyone know what could be wrong?
Have you ever manually checked the mileage (by filling the gas tank full..then driving it until you have to fill up again, then dividing the number of miles you drove by the number of gallons that you use to fill up the second time) that will get you the most accurate reading.

Also, do you reset the mileage everytime you fill up? I reset mine everytime.

Alot of it also has to do with the way you drive the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you drive in a lot of traffic or mostly city I'd believe that reading. I get 24-25 and that's mostly highway driving (though I do use a 3.5L V6). It is also dependent on how you drive. (As the previous poster said you should fill up the tank and then divide the number of miles over the gallons of the next fill-up to get the best reading).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll try the manual mileage thing

i just realized that i posted this in the wrong section, could a moderator please move it/delete it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts