Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2006 G6 automatic model and recently, my transmission (I am guessing electronic box?) has started to make huge scary ''noise'' when shifting from 1 to 2. ( felt same as skipping a shit with a manual car). The check engine button lighted up, then the next morning, everything was gone, check engine disappeared and noise was gone. It started to do it again a few weeks later, but worst this time, between every shift. I have been told it could be my electronic transmission controller. Anybody experimented this problem before?

It first happened when it was raining outside, but now it's any time I do a long road (an hour +). The dealer says they cannot find my problem, did the scan twice but nothing was showing up.

I am a girl and know NOTHING about car. I have to make a 4000 KM trip in 3 weeks and would really like to solve this problem before leaving!

Anybody can help me? What can it be?
Thanks!

·
4,055 Posts
your first step is to figure out why the check engine light came on, most local auto parts stores will scan it for free. even if the light turned off It will have a code in its memory. that code will lead you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts