Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2006 G6, I have been having some problems with it. That being that my cluster and stereo stopped working it doesn't turn on once in a while it will light up (cluster) occasionally when you tap/ hit the cluster it will light up and the turn off again I know the ECM has been replaced because it has writing on it signifying that it was bought from a junkyard
So, I am thinking that maybe my dash lights don't turn on because of that. But the car turns on drives great etc. the windows and lock and what not turn on same with all the exterior lights
What could possibly be the problem?? I have checked the fuses and there all good no problem there
I'm lost and really want to get this fixed any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what should I check for? Corrosion on the cluster? Also if the ECM is not for the cluster or not VIN issued to my specific car would the car even turn on? What are the symptoms of the ECM not working or not being compatible with my car?

·
Registered
295 Posts
So I just bought a 2006 G6, I have been having some problems with it. That being that my cluster and stereo stopped working it doesn't turn on once in a while it will light up (cluster) occasionally when you tap/ hit the cluster it will light up and the turn off again I know the ECM has been replaced because it has writing on it signifying that it was bought from a junkyard
So, I am thinking that maybe my dash lights don't turn on because of that. But the car turns on drives great etc. the windows and lock and what not turn on same with all the exterior lights
What could possibly be the problem?? I have checked the fuses and there all good no problem there
Hey cong6noob,

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new G6! The users here, especially our moderators, are a fantastic resource with a wealth of knowledge about the G6 and vehicles in general. If you're interested in having your vehicle taken to your local GM dealership to have your issue diagnosed, I would be happy to assist you with that. Just send us a PM with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

We're here to help! Keep us all posted on your vehicle's repairs.

Regards,

Geoff G.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank u very much I have moved the dimmer knob and it doesn't fix the issue its like the whole cluster doesn't work like the needles in the cluster don't work at all

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the needles light up on the cluster just doesn't work I mean it doesn't move the radio and bezel light up everything on the bezel works (a/c, heater, etc) just the radio don't work either which I'm not concerned about Its a stock radio so I mean I could always modify it to an aftermarket just the cluster lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now my car doesn't wanna turn on did this a couple days ago and got fixed when I moved around the crank fuse but now I moved it and replaced it and still nothing

·
Registered
1 Posts
To answer your problem...I have a 2008 G6 3.6 litre engine. My guages were going off and on, and I finally experienced the no-start problem others were having. I opened the fuse panel and reseated all the relays and then found that almost every fuse were pressed partly in place, so I pressed them all completely down in their holders. I am no longer having intermittent electrical problems and my gas mileage has improved from 24mpg to 28mpg. I have never encountered fuses being partially installed before. The car was obviously losing and regaining connection. All seems good now. Check your fuses. Hopefully it will be that simple for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts