Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the production numbers for the 06 3.9 g6 I have looked for hours and cant find anything on the breakdowns for option and colors. any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
There used to be a really neat site that the total production by RPO code for all GM models, but unforunately it closed down about 6 months ago or so and I'm guessing from your search that a replacement hasn't been put together :(

Sorry I don't remember the site name (not that it would help now anyway) as I had it in my favorites but our computer took a major dump in December and had to be reconfigured, and amongst the casualties were said favorites :eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sucks... well I have a 3.9 gtp fusion orange metallic and I have done research and cant seem to find any for sale and I have never seen another on the road that makes me think not very many of that particular trim and color were made and I was just running on curiosity to see actually how many. unfortunately I have been unsuccessful... :-/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, about 150K-180K G6's were built in 2006. I imagine the GTPs to be in the 20% or so.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I wonder if you could check with a dealer and they can look that up for you. Or if not them maybe the DMV. I don't know for sure but there is a way to see how many registered cars of a certain type are on the road. I just don't know if people would give you trouble because it could be "sensitive information"
I'll check with a buddy of mine, I know he kept finding stats on that stuff so I'll see what I can find out. Hopefully I can help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that would be fantastic. I would really like to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Production Numbers at Orion

I have searched everywhere for the details of the production numbers of the G6, but all I have found is more confusion. One source states 157,644 for model year 2006 and another states 193,185. Wikipedia says the calendar year production was 124,844 in 2005 and 157,644 in 2006.

My new toy is a 2006 GTP Coupe with only 78,000 miles on it. It is Granite Metallic with Taupe leather and the polished alloy wheel option. This car was built on 12/5/05 and its VIN is 217609. For the life of me, I cannot find any evidence that GM built anything for the 2006 model year except G6's at its Orion plant. How could this car be #217,609 or #7609, or even #17609. It was constructed near the middle of the 2006 production year. Can anyone explain this?

Author of Daydreams in the Wind: Collectible Open Sports Cars of the Sixties by a numbers junkie, can't you tell?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Production Numbers Update

I think I have it all sorted out now. Pontiac apparently began each G6 model year with # 100001. My car is the 117,608th G6 built in the Orion plant for the 2006 model year. The total number of 2006 models produced seems to be 193,185. You can refer to the 2006 Pontiac G6 Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com for the percentages of each model, color, etc.

I apologize for any confusion of these numbers I may have inadvertently caused with a previous post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts