Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a single remote with my G6 when I bought it, is it possible to program more remotes myself or do I need to get someone to do it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
From what I have read your choices are a Tech II or similar scan tool, some locksmiths can do it or there are some combo units you can buy from Amazon or the like. There is no simple "click your heals and press this 3 times" style of solution that I am aware of.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I bought my 07. I bought a programmer on eBay for $100 and a fob on eBay for $15. The programmer earned it's keep programming fobs on 2 more cars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Key in "remote start" above center and do a search. I started a post there and a picture of device I purchased from Amazon. Yes expensive but important for me personally to try. I am not quite finished my experiment but I am fairly certain it might work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have to look into that. Although I wish I could get one that would work with Dodge at the same time (specifically my wife's '08 grand caravan)

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
I will take one for the team.
Everyone send me $1 to buy the scanner and I will donate my time and vehicle to confirm the programming capabilities.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sure Dave,
But why not work on a post payment plan. You buy the scanner, do the research and set it up and i will rent the scanner with the "how to" instructions from you for 1$ per car per device/program.
2 cars, 1 remote fob, 2 radios= 5 dollars

1 - 14 of 14 Posts