Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the worst luck. Yesterday I got my windows tinted 35% all the away around. last night got pulled over and got a ticket. This sucks the Cop told me I have to remove them and I just got em. grrrrrrr

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hambone said:
What is the law in New York?
The front driver and passenger have to be 70%... the back you can have as dark as you like. I didnt get the front done at 70% because that would have been a waste of money its sooo light

·
Registered
314 Posts
Be happy. At least you can have tinting. In Michigan, I believe it's illegal to have ANY aftermarket tinting done that's not of factory production unless you have a medical note.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ironmike said:
The front driver and passenger have to be 70%... the back you can have as dark as you like. I didnt get the front done at 70% because that would have been a waste of money its sooo light
FYI 70% is the factory tint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thunkele said:
that sucks.. i was just in nyc.. and everyone has 5% all the way around.. i guess it depends where u r..
Nyc police have more important things to do then pull people over for tints.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The police are real strict here in california as well. I've been pulled over multiple times by the same police officer because i hadn't taken off my tint after the first time he gave me the fix it ticket.

·
Registered
152 Posts
in cali tint actually has a purpose.. it really does help out alot on a sunny day.. even here in pittsburgh with the sun right in my side window on my way to work..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Go back to the place where you got the tint job and have them write you out a receipt for the tint removal. Submit the receipt and the ticket to the court house before the court date and your off the hook. So many people in my area do this and they get off with out going to court.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Subtle_Cynicism said:
Be happy. At least you can have tinting. In Michigan, I believe it's illegal to have ANY aftermarket tinting done that's not of factory production unless you have a medical note.
I never had a problem, except for in Flushing, where they'll write you a ticket for looking at them crooked. Anything darker than 20%, and you are looking for trouble, though. 35% won't get you in trouble...

·
Registered
488 Posts
in NJ front tints are illegal, but a lot of people have them. IT depends on the cop. I had 35% all around on my old car and didn't get pulled over once, but I had to take them off for inspection.

Mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's why if you have tint that illegal, especially on the front ones, which seem to be the ones cops pick on, roll both your front windows down before you stop, that way you'll have a better chance. This is not wise, though, if you have crank windows (leaning over and someone will bust a cap :D I know I would)

·
Registered
68 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
and tell you to roll up the windows.
Which you can lawfully refuse to do. If he wants to search your car (which asking you to move any part of the car for him to see something he can't see from the outside is) he needs either your consent or a warrant.

·
Registered
197 Posts
And most of the time when you tell them no, they can't search your car without a warrant, they will call in and get one :( Happened to me once when I told the officer I had a permit to carry a handgun and then he got all suspicious....of course, he found nothing, except my gun, and a bottle of pop, lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts