Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have been econoboxing the cheapest car I could find for the past 8 years, and saving up as much as possible. I have loved cars since I was a little kid, and it was killing me to be driving an underpowered automatic..so after looking for 12-18 months at RWD sports cars, I ended up going with a super clean Z06 with under 18,000 miles. I'm having a blast. Currently running michelin super sports.

Current mods are: Powder coated wheels, Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust, and a different head unit (radio), and CAGS fuse swapped (skip shift disabled)

Let a friend of mine drive it, who daily drives a manual 2004 RSX...he stalled it 3 times within minutes. I've never owned a manual before, but have driven a bunch of them. I've stalled it 3 times in about 1000 miles, when going up hill after a stop, or when cold. The clutch definitely is wayyy less forgiving before the car is heated up.

On my inaugural drive, I averaged 26.2 mpg while cruising at around 75-80mph in 6th gear. Who said it isn't practical??

I've had more than a few cars try to race me in my first week of ownership. I don't like the looks that I get filling up at the gas station..makes me uncomfortable. I got the car because I find it gorgeous, and have a fantastic time driving it. Nothing else.

If anyone has any favorite cleaning products they'd like to recommend, I'm all ears! Have never had a nice car worth keeping spiffy before..

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello everyone,

I have been econoboxing the cheapest car I could find for the past 8 years, and saving up as much as possible. I have loved cars since I was a little kid, and it was killing me to be driving an underpowered automatic..so after looking for 12-18 months at RWD sports cars, I ended up going with a super clean Z06 with under 18,000 miles. I'm having a blast. Currently running michelin super sports.

Current mods are: Powder coated wheels, Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust, and a different head unit (radio), and CAGS fuse swapped (skip shift disabled)

Let a friend of mine drive it, who daily drives a manual 2004 RSX...he stalled it 3 times within minutes. I've never owned a manual before, but have driven a bunch of them. I've stalled it 3 times in about 1000 miles, when going up hill after a stop, or when cold. The clutch definitely is wayyy less forgiving before the car is heated up.
http://tradevenue.se/
On my inaugural drive, I averaged 26.2 mpg while cruising at around 75-80mph in 6th gear. Who said it isn't practical??

I've had more than a few cars try to race me in my first week of ownership. I don't like the looks that I get filling up at the gas station..makes me uncomfortable. I got the car because I find it gorgeous, and have a fantastic time driving it. Nothing else.

If anyone has any favorite cleaning products they'd like to recommend, I'm all ears! Have never had a nice car worth keeping spiffy before..

Thank you!
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts