Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 5000k HID's for awhile, and yesterday i received my 10000k's in the mail. I wasnt the one who put the 5000k's on the first time so I didnt have any prior experience in g6 headlights, but they were such a pain to get out! Did anyone else have any trouble at first trying to get the headlights out? My buddies mustang headlights practically fall out when you take the pins out.

Also the wiring of the HID's didnt have a lot of slack so i had to rig the ballasts in some interesting places..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah our headlights are a complete ^*$&%. You really need to pull hard (that's what she said).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here they are..ill get one at night also.

Attachments

·
Legend
782 Posts
i hate how our headlights are designed but it is what it is..but the other day when i was working on them i mounted my ballasts directly under the headlight on the crossmember under there, it seems to be made great to fit a ballast on. and it gets plenty of airflow from the grill so they dont get too hot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats where i put the drivers side ballast. One the passenger side i ran the wires through a whole that was behind the headlight and mounted the ballast back behind the headlight..its hard to explain lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i found it best to take the pins on the front bumper, located on the top in front of the radiator out, so that when you pull the lights the bumper is loose and makes it easier. It's just a simple step to make the removal easier. Its the one tab in the back of the light that holds them in pretty steadily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts