Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is what I'm thinking...

I've already got my system wired up, amp, subs, aux in from stock head unit, etc...

What I want to do is this: Get a splitter on the end of the aux-in cord and plug one end into my Zune (yeah yeah I don't like ipods) and the other end into my phone. In theory, I want to do this so I can still be listening to music and hear a call come in (yes I realize music would be playing over the ringer, I don't care). Then, I could pause my music and answer the call and hear it over my speakers, and obviously just use the built in mics on my phone to talk.

Will this work? Would I need some kind of mini amp on the end of the aux-in cable before the splitter so the sound volume/quality doesn't degrade?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
35 Posts
That doesnt sound too hard, Im thinking you have an FM modulator on the back of the stereo somewhere, you should just add a splitter and an additional cable so you can input 2 feeds the stereo and the phone.

Just get the spliter and the cable and you should be good to go, no additional amps or nothing should be needed.

· Registered
1,420 Posts
it will of course work, assuming that your phone plays the ringer through its jack. Theres no reason why it wouldnt work. you can pick up splitters cheap so its not like it would be expensive either

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.