Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 GT Convertible with the 3.9L engine. I'd like to start my mods off with a simple CAI and exhaust system. However, it seems very hard to find exhaust for the convertible. Also, i seem to be incompetent because every time i search the web, I cant find a CAI for the 3.9L engine. Someone help me please
:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks this seems promising! Do you use this? Also do you of any exhaust system for the convertible?

·
Like a G6
66 Posts
CRAB intakes is a great buy, you wont be disappointed. There are exhaust systems but I've seen em for like +600. Try looking up your year/make/model/engine and try to find exhausts you would like. If you end up liking magnaflow go to magnaflowdepot.com, they have some super low prices

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
I've got CRABs! Plus the best exhaust for the G6 by far was the GT-R, but unfortunately they went out of business. Definitely worth picking up used if you can find one. Otherwise I guess check around here for everyone's expert opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I spent a lot of time researching CRABS and other intakes. Many swear by CRABS but I decided to go with the K&N Typhoon Intake. Most places will list it as only fitting the 3.5L engine but I was able to fit it to the 3.9L engine with no problems. AND the K&N intake pipe IS aluminum even though many think its plastic.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Does that "heat shield" even block any heat?!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Judging by the look of your coolant tank I would recommend a complete cooling system flush in the near future. haha

I'm sure you can get the crabs heat shield and use it with the K&N intake

·
Registered
12 Posts
-mmitchd17: I am sure it blocks some heat. I didn't just put it there to add weight. It might not isolate the CAI as much as the CRABS but Crabs Option #3 & FPU costs $376 delivered and I found the K&N Typhoon kit at Amazon.com for $220 delivered. I plan on fabricating my own CAB that will be just as good as the version many rave about on here.

-CrusinG6 I thought about the CRABS hear shield with the K&N CAI but I am going to try making my own first.
Thanks for the heads-up on the coolant flush, it'll happen very soon!

I am not saying Crabs is bad, they're great, I just wanted something different.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yea, didn't have the cash for the crabs, so I scavenged a setup out of a wrecked Malibu and mixed it with some Spectre stuff from autozone. I get more satisfaction doing it myself and I have seen some vids on designing your own box and lining it with that sticky heat tape stuff. Black and gooey on one side, foil on the other. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1342065496.149494.jpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
hey nothing wrong with trying something different. I unfortunately can't run a crab intake because I have the 4 cyl, but it's alright, cobalt parts work!

I'm sure you can fashion a very effective heat shield for a fairly good price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts