Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem sort of dumb but I was wondering about something.
I want to be able to hook up my iPod to my stereo in my '06 G6.
I have the 6-CD changer and no "AUX" input.
I would like to change the head unit to an after market unit.
My question is what about all the info that currently shows up on the radio?
(time/temp/dic options, etc...)
Would those all be lost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
People seem kinda iffy on this thing on crutchfield. Does anyone have a picture of it in their car, or a different opinion about it. Also - does it let you retain the controls through the steering wheel? I have a 06 g6 as well and I really hate my stereo

·
Registered
916 Posts
On top of the kit in the above post to keep your steering wheel controls you need an additional harness i believe but i dont have them so i didint need it.

Crutchfield is pretty accurate i get the part numbers from there and buy from eBay it way cheaper.

My progression thread has pictures of the radio and in new DIC LOL

If you want to go double din you can hide the info center in the glove box or center console by extending the wires.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Daniel is your head unit a Jensen - 60W x 4 MOSFET iPod®/Satellite Radio-Ready DVD Deck with 7" Monitor Model: VM9512. Jw because I thought it looked like it, but online it says that it doesn't fit the g6.

·
Registered
916 Posts
yeah its the VM9512HD look out HD radio

What site where you looking at? But it does fit

You use the kit and fits perfect although i wouldn't get the HD radio
Its crap i get better sound and reception from the stock. Not saying all hd radios are bad could be my location.

Yeah i pod adapter works great you can play videos through the ipod on there dvd work great i put videos on SD cards and works No complaints except the

HD:bat_angel

And alot of radios have the Video lockout if not in park but this radio i just go into the tech settings and fix a little setting and no need to install a fake parking break switch

If you have questions about it feel free to ask;)

·
'07 G6 Basic
11 Posts
Nice job

I like how you did the radio. I just got a G6 over the weekend, 07 Sedan. Had to get a more family oriented car, to fit a car seat! I was looking into getting the radio and the fill in's taken out and replace with an in-dash DVD receiver. I like how you kept the old info-center in so you can still get the different options.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok cool, I was on best buys website, cause its only $299 there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts