Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i might be getting a new g6 due to my faulty panoramic roof and i was set on the 6 spd coupe until i read about the problem it has. Those of you who have the 6 spd did you notice the problem right off of the lot or is it something that doesnt develop until some miles are put on it. Im assuming the one on the lot isnt a post January 1st because i looked at it before then. Is it still possible that the tranny could be fine? And if i can order one from the factory, how long does it take to get? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just a by the way, you probably already know this, but the pano roof isn't offered on the coupe.

I wasn't aware of any serious problems with the six speed, however.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im aware there is no pano on the coupe. I just dont want the same going back to the dealer all the time if i get the 6 speed. There are multiple topics on here about the problem with the 6 speed i just need to know if i will be able to tell while test driving it or if it develops over time, like the panoramic rattle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I Ordered My 6 Speed Coupe Sept. 10 Got It On Nov 5th.
I Have Had My Car For A Little Over 3 Months And Have 4000k Miles On It.
I Don't Know What People Are Talking About Trans Problems I Have Not Had Any Trouble At All.
Get The 6 Speed You'll Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
My GTP with 6 MT was built 10/05 and I purchased the car in November of 2005. I too, have had no problems with the shifter. The shift gates are well-defined and it is just a little notchy. I can reach every gear without any difficulty. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am one of those with a shifter problem. When I tested the car the stick was quite stiff and I had some problems to shift in 2nd and 3rd. The saleman assured me that it would get better with milage, but actually it got worst, and the higher the RPM the greater the problem.

The stiffnes problem has been settled with a cable linkage change (it's quite a big piece and it took 6 hours to replace). Has for the 2nd and 3rd, both mechanics and service manager admits that the resistance is'nt normal, but they don't yet have a solution. and GM Tech line does'nt have a clue neither. With what I read, I'm not the only one with this problem.

I am meeting a DSM (District Service Manager?) on Feb. 21st. for a test drive and get some answer. As for what I know, the service manager and the DSM never drove a 6 speeder and they don't have any idea with what to compare. I've been at the dealer 6 times so far for only 1/2 of a solution. But i'm not quitting. This is my 27th car and more than 1/2 where manuals so I know what a normal shifter is, and this one is'nt. I had 2 Corvettes in the 70's with M-21 trannies which where quite harsh to shift, but the where easier than this tranny, so it can't be normal! I will post and update on my thread vette79.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts