Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my windows tinted next week and something occured to me. Everytime I get a car tinted they say not to roll teh windows down for three days, but on the G6 the windows roll down a half inch every time you open the door. Is there some way to disable this for a while? I imagine it would cause a problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would have the windows checked first before you spend money on tint. I used to work at a dealership and just got my G6 tinted using the same guy the dealer did - he said not to roll down for 1 week, and from I have seen nothing but good work from the guy. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my windows tinted Friday.. Rolled down the windows (on accident) the day of and luckily nothing happened. As well as saturday, sunday and monday!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I had my windows tinted at Ziebart on my 06 g6 gtp coupe a couple of weeks ago, and they told me not to roll them down for a week. They said the window going down slightly when opening would not cause a problem, and if so they would correct any problems and gave a 5 year warranty. So, you have no worries as long as they know what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Perhaps you could pull the power window fuse. Don't ask me which one it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Window Tint

I think the window going down slightly would not cause a problem. Anyway, just to be sure you can always ask the experts :) I also got my G6 Coupe tinted couple weeks ago, 35% front and back and 30% on the door windows and I never had problems with it. I asked help from www.TintBuyer.com. They provide relevant information about window tints such as its %, quotations, current tint limit every state and will help you find the best professional tinter near your area.:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine too

I'm getting my windows tinted next week and something occured to me. Everytime I get a car tinted they say not to roll teh windows down for three days, but on the G6 the windows roll down a half inch every time you open the door. Is there some way to disable this for a while? I imagine it would cause a problem.
i got the windows tinted on my vert, they gotta go up and down or it wudnt seal when u shut the door, that little bit wont matter, my tint still looks great:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts