Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it better to first get a intake for the car and then get a supercharger or can i just get a supercharger without the intake...(i dont know much about cars as you can tell)

my coupe is auto and i dont know if superchargers work better with manual?? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Slickdesi said:
is it better to first get a intake for the car and then get a supercharger or can i just get a supercharger without the intake...(i dont know much about cars as you can tell)

my coupe is auto and i dont know if superchargers work better with manual?? :confused:
Well getting a Vortech style supercharger will competley change the path that the intake takes. So no get the Supercharger before the intake.

also it dosen't matter if you have an auto or a manual the supercharger will work the same way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
I also emailed RSM and they called it a "tuner" part, which basically means that theres A TON of programming that will have to be redone inorder for the car to acctually use the supercharger as its intended to be used! As much as I liked the idea of putting one on, I dont think the proper chips and computers are out to program the computer to accept it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
SimplyRed said:
I also emailed RSM and they called it a "tuner" part, which basically means that theres A TON of programming that will have to be redone inorder for the car to acctually use the supercharger as its intended to be used! As much as I liked the idea of putting one on, I dont think the proper chips and computers are out to program the computer to accept it!
From what I understand RSM Includes a reprogramed PCM.

However the one that came with the 3400's supercharger was crap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"80+ HP gain. Includes Vortech supercharger,
all brackets and oil lines, belts and pulleys,
ECU programming, adjustable blow-off valve,
FMU, induction piping, and K&N cone filter"

all that for around 5K.....hmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Slickdesi said:
"80+ HP gain. Includes Vortech supercharger,
all brackets and oil lines, belts and pulleys,
ECU programming, adjustable blow-off valve,
FMU, induction piping, and K&N cone filter"

all that for around 5K.....hmm
If you need that kinda HP gain you might want to look at selling your GT and buying something that has more power out of the box. $5k for a sketchy supercharger vs. $5k upgrade to something like the GP GT which has a proven track record. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
If you're looking for speed in a G6, you could always buy a used or leftover one at a discounted price, drop in the blower, and be pushing more horsepower than a GTP for about the same amount of cash. Some people just like to unleash the potential of their vehicle.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have, when i went to go buy my coupe i was looking more in to GTP not the GT. I got my car for 24K and the GTP was just too much for me (in price). well, i am just a 18 year old kid who enjoys fast cars and i think GP GT would be too much of a family car for me then...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Slickdesi said:
I would have, when i went to go buy my coupe i was looking more in to GTP not the GT. I got my car for 24K and the GTP was just too much for me (in price). well, i am just a 18 year old kid who enjoys fast cars and i think GP GT would be too much of a family car for me then...
Hrmm.. shoulda waited for a 2007 solstice gxp. Those babies will be turning out 260hp and 260 ft-lb torque. 0-60 in 5.5 sec and looks a lot better than the G6 coupe imho. :agree2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Slickdesi said:
do they even have it for G6...only supercharger i can find is by RSM...and they arnt CARB legal..
If you don't live in California, don't worry too much about CARB.

Unless, of course, you've got Nazis running your state emissions checks like they do out there.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top