Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to "upgrade" my audio system without adding a sub but still getting "decent" bass. I have a 5 month old baby and need every bit of trunk space I have as my girlfriend has a 2 door cobalt. So we are always in my car. I just recently found out that my rear left speaker has stopped working so its a great time for an upgrade. I'm looking to replacing the 6x9's and 6.5's and adding a 4 channel amp if needed. Please let me know your opinions on the "bassiest" aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am looking to "upgrade" my audio system without adding a sub but still getting "decent" bass. I have a 5 month old baby and need every bit of trunk space I have as my girlfriend has a 2 door cobalt. So we are always in my car. I just recently found out that my rear left speaker has stopped working so its a great time for an upgrade. I'm looking to replacing the 6x9's and 6.5's and adding a 4 channel amp if needed. Please let me know your opinions on the "bassiest" aftermarket speakers.
I am not sure about "bassiest" but I know focal are great speakers I had those in my previous car and sold them to my buddy after getting my g6 and they hit way harder than his stock speakers. He doesn't even have an amp hooked up to them so with a little more power they have a lot of bass which is the way I had them hooked up.

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about "bassiest" but I know focal are great speakers I had those in my previous car and sold them to my buddy after getting my g6 and they hit way harder than his stock speakers. He doesn't even have an amp hooked up to them so with a little more power they have a lot of bass which is the way I had them hooked up.
There's no doubt in my mind that those are good. They're pretty pricey. But when you love your car you gotta do whats best for it. lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
O what we do for our cars haha

·
rollin on the 6's
22 Posts
I have 6.5 Rockford fosgate speakers in the doors, they ran about $80 but they help alot, I can imagine if you got the 6x9's as well. Just upgrade the speakers.

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 6.5 Rockford fosgate speakers in the doors, they ran about $80 but they help alot, I can imagine if you got the 6x9's as well. Just upgrade the speakers.
yeah i planned on upgrading the speakers since day 1. im leaving the tweeters alone though. i just havent decided on a brand for the speakers. but like i just told my girlfriend.. time for an upgrade. speaker blew.

·
rollin on the 6's
22 Posts
Yeah, I don't think there is a need to touch the tweeters, check out Crutchfield they have a ton of choices, and the customer support is amazing. My buddy bought his entire system from there and loves it. Plus you can just plug in the make and model of the car and it will show everything that fits.

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Yeah I already did the whole crutchfield thing. They only have 7 choices for 6x9's. I would think it would be alot more than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts