Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im making this thread to ask questions for my sub install so that i dont have to make a new thread for every question i need answered.

Question 1: i want to ground my amp to one of the seat belt anchors. How do i remove the rear seats to gain access to this? or is there a better/easier place i can ground to?

Question 2: i need to find a spot to connect my remote wire to. Someplace that has power when the radio has power. where would be the best place to connect to?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grounding to the seat would be easy but, the best ground you can get is if you sand the paint down in the bottom of you trunk and tap a screw into the body. It is a direct ground. Remember to run the same ground wire as power wire, I.E. if you run 4 gauge power run 4 gauge ground.

Second a good remote wire is one from head unit unless you left stock like i did.
if thats the case go to radio shack and by a connecting piece called a "fuse Tap" its a small piece of wire that makes it so you can tap into a fuse ( from fuse box in trunk) find something where the fuse only has power when the car is on such as the HVAC controls or maybe the factory AMP controls. i used the factory amp and its fine since the remote wire is their for signal and nothing else.

best of luck, any more question let me know. :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill be running 4 gauge all round. and yes i've left the stock radio in, ill get one of those tap fuses. my car doesnt have a factory radio (i think). its just the base G6. But ill try the HVAC fuse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You don't need the the factory amp, use any fuse that only has power when the car is running. Where did you run your 4 gauge power wire through the firewall at?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. And I actually haven't run it yet. It's sitting in the trunk of my other car:p But I'll be doing that this weekend along with starting the construction of the sub box and the construction of a panel to fill the cubby hole under the radio

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran my power today if your still interested in where I ran it through. Approx. 4 inches to the passenger side from the gromet the hood release goes through there is another gromet with a few wires running through it. I ran it through there. It comes out just below the master cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts