Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Crutchfield says it'll fit, but it also says units with a fold down screen won't fit. I would contact them and make sure this fits. I don't see why it wouldn't. Looks like no matter how it opens it shouldn't get in the way. You'll also lose the dic in the process.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok so I bought the double din stereo I wanted. I'm up in the air about getting the dash kit that retains the DIC. I want to install the radio soo bad right now but for the dash kit, if I get the kit that doesn't have the DIC with it will the remote start still work? That's one of main concerns right now. That and finding a place that has the kit in stock to buy. I don't want to wait for stuff to come in the mail. I'm impatient. Also what is the part number for the wiring harness? I've looked through quite of bit of the forums and can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. Hopefully can chime in and help a noob out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Adapter

another question. Im about to purchase this unit and i was asking the rep about this adapter that they say is absolutely necessary for the unit to work. I dont believe em though. its some kind of adapter for stuff i dont even use. check it out and lemme know what you guys think. i dont wanna spend 80 bucks on sumthin i dont need

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127OS311B/PAC-OS-311B-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html#customer-reviews-tab
Well Boston I just put a DDin in my 2007 G6 I didn't won't to spin the money either, but I wanted it to be done right, and not worry about if the unit will be draining my battery or any other problems, I purchase the Metra 95-3303b unit because it has the longer harness and installed in my glove box, and everything is all good, now if you don't need the longer harness the 99-3303 cost less but is for the same purpose, hope this will help you, here is what mine looks like.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts