Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I Just debadged my car and one of the gm sliver squares left a ton of shits behind and all the other square and the letters came off like a breeze. why is this one being so difficult? what can i do to get it off. goo gone did not work along with a blow dryer i have a heat gun but afraid to burn the paint.

ok now moving on from that i want a set of black arrows and the 4 molded mud guards but i see some at pfyc.com but there are 2 different kinds and 2 different prices and just wanted to know which ones to get so i get the right ones for my 2006 g6 gtp. and if i can get all 4 any cheaper somewhere else that would be nice too. but i believe the specs i have is 06 g6 gtp with 18" alloy rims.

after that i was also wondering about painting the calapers black getting black vinal strips for the chrome, black grills and about how much would it cost to get my rims a darker color like black i like the style alloy ones i got but want to make my baby a storm trooper. im already gonna get the windows tinted and the tails and head lights tinted too so those are the last outside mods i wanna do any help will help.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used goof off and had no problem Ive also heard of people using fishing line to get under that shit.

I've actually been wondering the same thing on the splash guards. but I've read they are not to be used with 18" rims.

I had gottan all my overlays from grafx werks Im very happy Look: http://www.gwdecals.com/

oh really? this is horrible news to me lol about the mud guards that is. and how easy was it to get the overlays on/off like i guess if im gonna do it i should do it right. like is the normal black all im looking for? and is it just like peel and stick? and how do you get the rim ones off? i figured id change those 4 and id change the 2 arrow heads front and back. but i tried floss lol and scraping at it but not as of yet its not gonna go without a fight :(

·
4,061 Posts
the overlays are peel and stick and they are pretty easy to install since theyre just vinyl and you put them over your arrowheads and stuff. just take your time and get them straight. as far as color they have alot of options i went with the grey carbon fiber it looks good on my silver car. the rims have center caps so either replace the caps or get overlays for those too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh overlays as in i keep the acutal stock arrowhead and put the color over em :) that sounds pretty fancy. and the caps? do those just pop off or something? or do you think overlays will be best for that too? like should i overlay everything or get new everything? like brand new acutally arrowheads or do they only make overlays?

·
4,061 Posts
Im sure they do make new ones but overlays are so much easier...yeah the center caps just pop out. I did my front and rear darts, steering wheel dart, the ones on my rims and the G6's on the door jams. Ill post some pics tonight when i get home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kk thanks man yeah i have a white g6 and im trying to get away from this red crap they give you i want white and black to make my car different from others.

·
G6newb
42 Posts
Get 3m adhesive remover and it is easier using a blow dryer or heat gun just dont hold it there to long and you will be fine. With a heat gun mine came off with my fingers!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
yes...cold wont help. When it warms up use your goo gone and your fingernail....
it will scrape off but may take some work. lol

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
yes...cold wont help. When it warms up use your goo gone and your fingernail....
it will scrape off but may take some work. lol
I used my hair dryer to keep the car and the adhesive as warm as I dared, alternating between applying heat and the Goo Gone-soaked rag. Keeping the adhesive warm makes it a lot easier to remove. The other trick is to try to "roll" the adhesive off the car body.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yah i just kinda gave up on it until the weather decides to warm up a little bit it just bums me all of them came off fine but that one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts