Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i just tore my dash apart to fix my heater problem witch it came out to be the defrost flap broke off and got stuck between the heater core and blend door witch kept the door from closing over the heater core to provide heat. So i fixed this and unpluged my computer under the heater box. to get to the heaterbox to get that piece out i didnt cut any wires or nothing got pinched i did it very carfefully, so i pluged the computer back in pluged in the main heater control panle and tried the heat it worked, so i shut the care off pluged my radio back in and heard pop from the speakers and my radio wont come on every time i put a new fuse in it blows, one time it didnt blow and came on with no sound then sound came on and it blew again, also my airbag light came on....Is this anything to do with me unplug the computer....

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Congrats on fixing the heater issue. I had pretty much decided it had to be a mode door issue, but the doors don't break very often on these boxes. I'm very curious how you fixed the defrost flap (GM calls it the mode valve or mode door). That generally involves replacing the entire HVAC box as a unit. You are now the forum expert on pulling the dash & repairing the HVAC box.

As a general rule, you should not disconnect ANY connectors on a modern car without first pulling off the battery ground cable. That's especially true of the car's computers. The radio receives power even with the ignition off. The BCM controls the radio ground. Somewhere in the power supply side of the radio circuit the conductor is either touching ground or touching voltage. If the radio fuse does not blow until you plug in the radio, then the problem is downtream of the radio power connector. Here's the UZ6 (you didn't specify) radio schematic:

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2689&stc=1&d=1326164897

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much problem solved = took a short finder and could not find a short, took the radio apart and it has a blown channel and fried....As for the airbag, it was a fuse thats all...Thanks Greenman for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts