Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Radio has normal volume on AM but very low volume on FM

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  boomer 
#1 ·
Hey guys 2005 G6 here. Yea pretty much as the title states.
Car was parked for a year, only started once every week or so, finally got it on the road and noticed this issue. Did not have this issue before I parked it.
Any ideas, help would be appreciated.
Thanks fellas!

#3 ·
Hello anyone alive out there? Did I post in the wrong section or something?
No, you're fine. The lack of responses probably means it's not been a common problem others have experienced. (I haven't.) Though there are some very knowledgeable people here, sadly there are far fewer than in the "glory days" (years when the G6's were in production). I think it's the radio too and would opt for a replacement. That's not a plug and play thing as the replacement has to be programmed. These are common in wrecking yards now. If I could find a clean '08 with the input jack I'd pick it up for my car. Many seem to prefer aftermarket units. Sorry to not be much help.

Mark

#6 ·
I have an aftermarket radio that you can adjust volume individually for each source. I'm not familiar with the GM radios but perhaps they have a feature like that. The first thing I did, when I bought my used G6, was to get rid of my stock radio. It needed to be taken to a dealer's and have the radio reset for like $100. hahahahaha

#7 ·
I have an aftermarket radio that you can adjust volume individually for each source.
Is this done by messing with the buttons? I have a button that says source but it doesnt seem to do anything. I thought it was to go from am to fm or to go from cd to radio but the band button does this stuff.
I briefly looked through the manual radio section and I didnt even see what the source button is for.

#9 ·
I noticed last night that my FM does seem to have volume! I tried manually going through stations and on a lot of them the volume was normal though there was alot of static. But then when I got to one of my local stations the volume was very low but no static.
I dont get it...anyone have any ideas?

#10 ·
Disconnected / failed / un-powered antenna? I think the sedan / coupe uses the rear screen heater and an antenna booster whereas the convertible has a small rubber duck style of antenna on the rear drivers side of the trunk. Not really my area of expertise though so maybe someone else will chime in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.