Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAR : G6 2005
RADIO : Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Wire Harness : GMCO

I have power working going to the radio but when I turn it on and try playing radio or CD ext. I get no sound out of my speakers.

I believe it might have something to do with the factory AMP but I have no idea how to solve the issue.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
CAR : G6 2005
RADIO : Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Wire Harness : GMCO

I have power working going to the radio but when I turn it on and try playing radio or CD ext. I get no sound out of my speakers.

I believe it might have something to do with the factory AMP but I have no idea how to solve the issue.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks.
Sorry I can't help. I'm sure with a little time someone on this forum can help.

BTW, welcome to the club.

· Registered
3 Posts
So I know this post is old but I just wanted to put this out there after searching and getting no solution only to solve my own simple issue with stopping to think for a second and feeling like an idiot. Make sure you connect your blue remote wire if the car is equipped with an amp...

· Registered
1 Posts
So I know this post is old but I just wanted to put this out there after searching and getting no solution only to solve my own simple issue with stopping to think for a second and feeling like an idiot. Make sure you connect your blue remote wire if the car is equipped with an amp...
I'm also putting in a new deck. Did you ever have any issues with the acc power. I've done some research and a lot of sources are saying there is no acc wire in g6's

· Registered
3 Posts
If you are just doing a regular harness or hardwire then you will have to read up on the fuse panel and find one you can tap into. You can crimp and end on the wire that let's it slide in with the fuse or you can go for the battery.... I wouldn't recommend either approach. I got the dash kit, antenna adapter and pac harness for like 75 and for another 50 the steering control module. Nice clean install and everything functions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.