Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just bought a 2006 Pontaic G6 3.5L and I love it! I got a great buy on it and I've always been a big fan of the pontiac but I really love my G6...Anyways...When I bought the car the dealership I bought it from said they had ordered a new radio because the 6 disc changer was broken...well today they replaced the radio with the new one (exact same) and everything works fine...but its quieter...Its still a little loud but no where near as loud as the old deck....I asked the dealership they said that's as loud as it goes...so i dont know...any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
They didnt program it correctly. Also they cant get a "new" deck. The deal with delphi is that they swap it out for a refurb model. They cant get a new one under warranty.
If they told you new then they lied. Do you have a picture of the radio? Im guessing they didnt turn on the Monsoon feature. Do you have a GT?

I would recommend getting the 08-09 single disk radio that has the aux feature. That way you can use an MP3 or iPod with it and the changer is gone. The cd changer is what breaks on these radios. They only last a year or two.

Those radios can be had for ~$100 or so and it will need a vin relearn via a tech2 (dealership).
Since the dealership cant seem to program your replacement correctly you might go somewhere else.

Loss of your audio is in the programming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My poor choice in words...I new the deck was used...and I think they turned on the monsoon feature because when the deck turns on it says "monsoon"...The deck was free I didn't pay a dime for it when I had purchased the car the cd changer was broken and they had not gotten the new deck by the time I purchased the car...No its not a GT its just a regular G6 with a 3.5L engine I guess I can live with it...I really don't want to replace the deck but from what I am seeing I'm gonna have to do it shortly anyways :-( Thanks for the input!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I still think it is programmed wrong. Take it back to them.
Bases may or may not have had the Monsoon.
The Monsoon has the separate amp. It thinks it has an amp when it really doesnt -
ie programmed as monsoon when it doesnt have it would cause the exact symptoms
you described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts