Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to finding a FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR HOOD for my 2009 G6 GXP. I have been searching all over with no success. Thanks for the help!

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Lampoon- What if I have Crabs. lol. is there an "adapter" so the hood outlet will line up with the air filter?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Yup.....Just ask Eric when you call and order the hood. Tell Him Robert at Crab Intakes said you need the adapter. I believe it is now standard on his hood though.
Tell him I said he would take care of you.....I bet ya he throws in the crating fee or Something!!

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
sweet Thanks lampoon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was going to go with the MPD hood, because I wanted ram-air, but I ended up getting the AIT one just because it looks so so so so so so so so so much better than the MPD one. I'm going to make my own ram air setup for it when I get time. I'll let you know how it goes when I get to it. But for now it'll just cool the whole engine bay i guess....

·
5,351 Posts
I was going to go with the MPD hood, because I wanted ram-air, but I ended up getting the AIT one just because it looks so so so so so so so so so much better than the MPD one. ....

You know I have an MPD hood.
You know I love the MPD hood.
So you want to throw mud eh?

Did I rag the AIT hood? No I didnt and truth be told
I think the MPD not only LOOKS better but
it is functional which makes it not only an appearance mod
but a performance mod as well. So you cant compare them.

So so so so much better. Sheeeesh.... :bs:

When Darlene had them make that hood they had a chance to
make it a performer. They elected not to compete against the MPD
and go a diff route. That hood is for cooling the bay only -like we have engine overheating problems! lol

I have an idea on how to make it better but you figure it out.
I have a hard time helping people who rag my stuff...

ok....Ill give you a hint: SLP.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Pooners, I don't think he was ragging on it. I think he was just stating that the AIT looks better. Which I tend to agree, however, the only way I see it looking better is if it is with the AIT kit. The MPD hood looks better with the stock body like yours. I love your car Rob! The first Modded G6 I ever saw when i first started looking into the G6s more!

·
Registered
95 Posts
You know I have an MPD hood.
You know I love the MPD hood.
So you want to throw mud eh?

Did I rag the AIT hood? No I didnt and truth be told
I think the MPD not only LOOKS better but
it is functional which makes it not only an appearance mod
but a performance mod as well. So you cant compare them.

So so so so much better. Sheeeesh.... :bs:

When Darlene had them make that hood they had a chance to
make it a performer. They elected not to compete against the MPD
and go a diff route. That hood is for cooling the bay only -like we have engine overheating problems! lol

I have an idea on how to make it better but you figure it out.
I have a hard time helping people who rag my stuff...

ok....Ill give you a hint: SLP.
Damn dude, who pissed in your cheerio's??

:crazy:

When did I ever say your car looks like shit, or that the MPD hood was shit. I simple expressed my opinion that I think based on looks alone that the AIT hood looks better than the MPD one. The AIT hood is more the the G8 hood which is the car I would have rather had could I have afforded it. But, being in the military and keeping America free does not pay too good. ;)

If you thought I was ragging on your stuff, I wasn't, so i'm sorry....

·
5,351 Posts
my bad I apologise....I reread it and it didnt have the same slant that for some reason I saw before.

uuugghhh.... These cheerios taste like piss!! :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
my bad I apologise....I reread it and it didnt have the same slant that for some reason I saw before.

uuugghhh.... These cheerios taste like piss!! :(
it's cool. we just misunderstood each other. It's all good....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts