Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
RyanB said:
That will do nothing for your car. bigben is right all it is, is for looks. That is not ram-air at all. A true pontiac ram-air system will open up in the grill part of the car.

actually YOU are wrong I have known Jason from MPD for 5 years now and there has not been one hood he has designed that is not a FULLY FUNCTIONAL ram air hood. look at the WS6 hood, it is the exact same concept. He made my hood and and with the hood and a K&N I saw on the Dyno tune 18 FWHP alone on my Grand Prix GTP. This is a great design and yes it is truly a full functional ram air hood.

·
Designed For Action
495 Posts
armycat said:
actually YOU are wrong I have known Jason from MPD for 5 years now and there has not been one hood he has designed that is not a FULLY FUNCTIONAL ram air hood. look at the WS6 hood, it is the exact same concept. He made my hood and and with the hood and a K&N I saw on the Dyno tune 18 FWHP alone on my Grand Prix GTP. This is a great design and yes it is truly a full functional ram air hood.
I can see that the hood is functional, but the gains from this setup would be minimal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ram air has been proven to be no better (some cases worse depending on the car) than CAI. Not to mention you take a hit on aero drag. Looks nice though. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.