Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 base model 2.4L. Nothing special, no aftermarket anything, just a decent reliable family car. I hear a rattle, more like a jingling coming from the rear. It only happens when the car is moving and is louder when hitting bumps. I've had it on a lift, cannot find anything wrong. When it's on the ground and you push on the rear end, nothing. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience, or similar complaints and any remedy would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bet you have the optional "enhanced rattle" feature!! :D

Seriously, I'd check all the jack tools and make sure they are secure, all I got sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking either links or bushings. I like the jack idea, but it's definitely coming from the exterior. As far as the noise, it's really not a squeak, more like jingling. I'm gonna do the links and bushings at some point in the near future. Hopefully that will help. Thanks a lot for all the feedback, much appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The bracket on the trailing arm forward of the caliper. It's a little metal loop the cable goes through. And there a metal sleeve on the cable to prevent chafing.
They like to rub and chirp. I packed a little grease in and never heard it again.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
So I decided to take off my tire and take a look... I found a clip that holds the parking brake cable and started shaking it and it definitly made a chirping squeaking sound. so i put some grease in between the cable and bracket, now when i shake it it doesnt make a sound. I dont know if this was the squeaking i heard but its a good posibility and I probably wont know until tomorow when the roads are dry. I attached a picture so you guys will know what i'm talking about ill keep you updated.
...I was hoping it would quote the pic too...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gonna grease that bracket and see if it helps any. That noise drives me absolutely crazy so hopefully that helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts