Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new g6 has a rattle in the front passenger side--inside the dash -can't get under --i sprayed some litium grease in every available ho;e into the dash--still there--sounds like a piece of plastic or cable holder --it started a few miles ago--not when i picked it up--any sufggestions or simular problems

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed the same thing about a week ago. Still can't figure out where exactly it’s coming from just know that is coming from the front passenger side inside the dash. Sounds like a cables knocking against something.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Don't want to sound like a wise-ass...but did you check your glovebox for any loose materials? I had a problem with my Focus and found out it was my tire gauge rattling against "another piece of cold steel" in there ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rattle2

thx--not glove box-took everything out of car-change-cd's out of radio etc--sprayed at least 1/2 can of grease--still there-

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MHadden said:
Don't want to sound like a wise-ass...but did you check your glovebox for any loose materials? I had a problem with my Focus and found out it was my tire gauge rattling against "another piece of cold steel" in there ;)
-thx-took all out of car-cd's from radio etc--still there-annoying

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine rattled a little bit today as I was stopping at a redlight, down hill. Airbag module or wires? I hope my rattle was a one time occurance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rattle

mchip said:
I noticed the same thing about a week ago. Still can't figure out where exactly it’s coming from just know that is coming from the front passenger side inside the dash. Sounds like a cables knocking against something.
losened glove box - all the way inside at top is a vent or black long oblong tube from middle to right side--it seems to be the rattle--put some foam between it and frame--will let you know

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
rattle

mchip said:
Dealer sending me a picture of fix--will post when received.It seems to be body flex arounf the seam of fender and body near the shock post-under crowl of windshield

·
Registered
31 Posts
Enough with the grease!

If I where you I wouldn't spray all the oil under your dash that won't fix two plastic clip or wire harnesses from rattling together. It also makes for a sticky mess if someone has to pull that dash apart to do repair work in the future. The filler foam may work but make sure you are not covering up anything that needs to get ventilation/circulation. I asked the stealer dealer to fix my sunroof from squeaking but of course they could not duplicate the problem. I will have to lubriacte the gasket on the sunroof glass with some silicone to see if that helps. If it doesn't then it is back to the stealer for suggestions. They won't fix anything though unless you twist their arm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lone Star G6 said:
If I where you I wouldn't spray all the oil under your dash that won't fix two plastic clip or wire harnesses from rattling together. It also makes for a sticky mess if someone has to pull that dash apart to do repair work in the future. The filler foam may work but make sure you are not covering up anything that needs to get ventilation/circulation. I asked the stealer dealer to fix my sunroof from squeaking but of course they could not duplicate the problem. I will have to lubriacte the gasket on the sunroof glass with some silicone to see if that helps. If it doesn't then it is back to the stealer for suggestions. They won't fix anything though unless you twist their arm.
its not plastic wiring hardness -its up near winshield in dash-air pipes? or something on top-grease may work-

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rattle -dealer

s_h_o_r_t_yGA99 said:
Ive had it since November of last year.. it wont go away. Dealer cant seem to find it either.
I am going wed to ealer-here in NY we have a lemon law -after a few documented visits and they can't fix it --the dealer must give you some sort of satisfaction--any other info from you will be helpful--thx

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm glad I'm not crazy!! I went to the dealership yesterday to have this rattle looked at and the service people didn't seem to know what I was talking about. One service person finally heard it once. They told me they would check to see if there were any notices on the G6 and if not I would just need to bring it back so they could try to hear the rattle. I heard all the way home and this morning.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Robyn P said:
I'm glad I'm not crazy!! I went to the dealership yesterday to have this rattle looked at and the service people didn't seem to know what I was talking about. One service person finally heard it once. They told me they would check to see if there were any notices on the G6 and if not I would just need to bring it back so they could try to hear the rattle. I heard all the way home and this morning.
dealer too kmy interior apart to find rattle--he thinks he got it--will know tomorrow!--will let you know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts