Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I noticed a rattling noise coming from under the hood of my g6gt, it sounds like something is loose but nothing seems to be loose. I noticed the noise may be coming from the tenisoner, now the tenisoner has been replaced once on this engine. My question is, is it possible for the tenisoner to make this noise and are these engines notorious for having tensioner problems? These may seem like stupid questions but its kinda got my concerned a little. We have had the car for about a month and it has 63K on it.
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
what year is your car? theres a new ecm and tcm software update for this concern. its the tranny. i had it too. just did the program, noise gone. the dealer can download the software to your car for a small fee. but make sure they update both the ecm and pcm cuz the programming has to be done to both modules.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2006. the noise is a little concerning cause it sounds like a grinding noise. it just started doing it like 2 weeks ago, we have had the car for a little over a month. I hope whatever is going on inside the trans doesnt cause it to fail, I really do not want to have to replace the trans in this car. Im guessing this is a common documented problem with these cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mines an 08, i noticed it while starting it with remote start then walking up to it. couldnt find the rattle. did find a tranny line leaking. replaced it. but i did find a tranny control module software upgrade. you can have it done at any gm dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts