Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently when I would be accelerating my car would make a rattling noise, but after I started speeding up more it would go away. Very rarely the car would make the noise while parked. Today, a piece fell off my car while I was driving, and the noise is gone. What are the possible causes from this noise? Was it a heat shield, and should I be worried? The car is driving fine so far.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
prolly your front lower air dam. Mine was always coming loose so I just removed it.
Look under your car and see if its still there. There are 3 pieces to it. A long center piece and two sides pieces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Recently when I would be accelerating my car would make a rattling noise, but after I started speeding up more it would go away. Very rarely the car would make the noise while parked. Today, a piece fell off my car while I was driving, and the noise is gone. What are the possible causes from this noise? Was it a heat shield, and should I be worried? The car is driving fine so far.
I have the same noise..rattles when first accelerating, then goes away. Does not occur while reving engine in neutral. Did yours stay gone?

·
Registered
911 Posts
i took it to my dealership casue they did it for free but i believe its just bolt or hangar that needs to be replaced that fastens the shield to the vehicle. if you get down under there try moving the shields around see if any are loose

·
Registered
331 Posts
The weld on one of mine brake last week. the one under the trans. came completely off and was just resting on the exhaust pipe. managed to take it off. going to a muffler shop this week to get a new weld

1 - 7 of 7 Posts