Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:(:(--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to be a loyal GM supporter however, my G6 has been plagued with issues from day one!
Just recently, the front struts and bearings had to be replaced. The car is only 3 years old & has 72,600 Kms on it. The struts and bearings should last longer than 3 years, especially on a car that is NOT driven hard or abused.
GM did cover 50% of the cost of the repairs – but the bill was still over $400.00. As far as I am concerned, I should not have paid anything for the repair. Complaints about noises from the front end have been made for the past 20,000km. At each time, the dealer could not find a problem.

Past repairs:
Steering problems – 4 times
Wheel bearings - front end replaced 1 time
Struts and strut bearings - front end replaced 1 time
Catalytic converter – 1 time ( note, I believe another catalytic converter is plugging up).
Brakes replaced at 32K - fitted better components – brakes seem to be lasting now
Computer failure – 1 time
This is my last GM!
The G6 is a nice driving car, but the parts fitted to it are just plain crap!!!

· Registered
7 Posts
I agree with you they are cheaply manufactured cars. But maybe you happened to got a defective car. This same issue happened to a buddy of mine who got a 07 Chevy Cobalt. The dealer extended his warranty and told him he had a defective car and its common.
good luck...

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Judging by all the messages about various issues with the G6 - No, its not a lemon!!!

Unless all G6 cars with steering and catalytic convertor issues are lemons lol!!!!

GM has great designs, but they lack the foresight to install parts of reasonable quality.
Interestingly enough, my 2002 Sunfire actually is better built than the G6. The parts used on the suspension, brakes are of higher quality. The engine & transmission are almost the same – both are ecotech engines. The interior – well there is no comparison; the g6 wins hands down for appearance. As for longevity, time will tell.

It would appear the Sunfire will outlast the G6. It already has outlasted a 2002 Montana Van (another GM purchase mistake on my behalf).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.