Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a GA GT1 last year... '04 model, and needless to say, the G6 has my attention and I actually get excited about owning it/driving it.. the GA was just a replacement for my quickly-breaking-down '95 Formula. Either way, after doing a lot of research online on the net, I'm really feeling comfortable about going into another financing deal.

Few questions though...

When do the '06 models start rolling out? And, once the '06's roll out, will that put a dent in the prices of the '05? The dealer I'm going through dropped the price of a loaded G6 GT from 27858 to 25000, roughly. Then they're doin the GMAC financing rebates, bringing the car itself down to roughly 21000. While that's pretty good, I'd like to get it closer to 19. If I wait til the '06 models roll out (I'd assume June/July?), will I be able to make a nice savings on this?

Secondly, how many people have had noise issues with the G6? I've test driven the car twice now at the dealership, and I'm doing a 24 hour test drive through them this weekend.. Curious to see if this is a big problem..

Thanks in advance... Looking forward to stepping out of the small GA and into the nice comfortable G6 :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Typically the next year models arrive in August or September. And yes, any remaining 2005's at that time will give a better deal. If I were you I'd wait till the GTP version comes out in May or June, these will be 2006's, but the GT's will still be 2005's. I should have waited, the extra power and avalibility of a 6 speed is something I want now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigbengt67 said:
Typically the next year models arrive in August or September. And yes, any remaining 2005's at that time will give a better deal. If I were you I'd wait till the GTP version comes out in May or June, these will be 2006's, but the GT's will still be 2005's. I should have waited, the extra power and avalibility of a 6 speed is something I want now!
That's going to bring the cost up significantly though, no? I never really worried about the six speed or a bigger engine because that wasn't really what I was buying the car for. Even if it gets a six speed, I doubt that's something I'd look into.. Having the autostick to use just on occasion is more of what I wanted... Sure stick's fun, but there's times I don't want to have to worry about it.

Will you be able to get the larger engine in the car without the 6 speed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You will get a better deal on the 05's around the end of the year, the only problem is finding one with the options/color you want.

I purchased another vehicle towards the end of the ’04 model year, I got an outstanding deal but I did have to compromise on the color and options I wanted. Don’t get me wrong, for what I paid I’m extremely happy but it was definitely not my first choice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will tell you beware of the panoramic roof. I like mine, and it is a nice feature, but it is NOISY. I have several rattles/pops/etc that come from the p-roof. I have yet to take it into the dealer for service, but others have and have yet to get the issue resolved.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I really like mine. Yes it has some noises but they are not constant and can't be duplicated by doing any certain thing. As i'm sure you know, the horsepower is very good for a family car, and the ride is very smooth. I would suggest you look at getting an 06 model because there will be a lot of beneficial changes to the car that will eliminate any recalls that our cars will get due to it being a first run edition. However, if you are willing to sacrafice a little and pay a lot less money then go ahead and wait for the 05 clearance. Hope this helps, and good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Packhead said:
That's going to bring the cost up significantly though, no? I never really worried about the six speed or a bigger engine because that wasn't really what I was buying the car for. Even if it gets a six speed, I doubt that's something I'd look into.. Having the autostick to use just on occasion is more of what I wanted... Sure stick's fun, but there's times I don't want to have to worry about it.

Will you be able to get the larger engine in the car without the 6 speed?
It will have a 4 speed automatic with the manual shift mode just like the GT (standard) and the 6 speed as optional.

As far as noises there was a noise in teh dash (creaking cheap plastic) that they had to fix twice but has not ever done it again. The panoramic sunroof doesnt make any noise for me that I have heard in my grand am SE1's sunroof. I'm at 6,700 miles now and havent experienced any other noises except a somewhat weird sound at high accelerations but I think it has to do with the intake. Car seems to be pretty solid though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright... well I guess before I decide to just take the plunge and get an '05 GT or wait for the GTP, I should take the test drive the dealer's offering and then decide... Guess it will be pretty clear as to whether the GT's engine is enough, or it needs a little more power..

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMO the gt has plenty of power. I've owned alot of cars and i can say i was impressed with the power of The G6 GT. If you can get a deal on a 05 model that you like I say go for it! Thats the way I always buy cars, if you like it get it. If you wait there is always gonna be another model or car you want, thats just the way life is.
THOSE WHO HESITATE ARE LOST!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have no complaints with the power. All I know is that when I want to merge onto the highway, if I punch it in my g6 it gets the job done and then some! Of course I came from driving a 4 cyl Toyota so I'm not sure I'm a very objective reviewer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We've just shopped for our new one this last couple of weeks and have seen every new G6 within 25 miles.
The 2006 V6 sedan is there. We saw two of them. They are still on the back lots but they've been shipped already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts