Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today on my car that I have a gap between my hood and fender on the drivers side. Also the fender sticks out a little where it meets the drivers door. It's only on one side of the car. The passenger side doesn't have as much of a gap and appears to be normally. The passenger door & the fender is perfectly smooth (flush) on that side. It hasn't been in any accidents or anything since I've had it. Any ideas what could of caused it? I don't know if it's been like that since I got it and just noticed it or not, but I don't think so. I did hit a pot hole in it on the passenger side when I first got it that bent a wheel, but when it was checked out they said there was no frame damage. Could this just be the front end out of line or is there something else going on? Thanks for listening.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Hitting a hole wouldnt do that.

When buying a car thats a thing I was told to check for by my uncle...

check to see all seams are even on each side of the car - thats generally a sign it has been in an accident and replaced / moved....

Id assume it was repaired and not lined up well

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hitting a hole wouldnt do that.

When buying a car thats a thing I was told to check for by my uncle...

check to see all seams are even on each side of the car - thats generally a sign it has been in an accident and replaced / moved....

Id assume it was repaired and not lined up well
Do you think the fender has been repaired or the frame itself? I think I should of looked it over a lot better when I got it. I guess I might need to take it to the body shop. :(

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Meh, I doubt its the frame...sounds like body work was done tho...could just be a defect too...not 100%

but i mean any time things are not lined up propperly or uneven gaps on one side to another is usually a sign something happened

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I checked the car fax which showed no accidents, but I'm assuming it just wasn't reported to them. It was a rental car from Florida which was one thing I wasn't happy about, but fleet cars is all you can get around here if you want a G6

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know I never thought about that. Do you think that could of been enough to do that? It's not dented or nothing that I can tell just scratched. :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just looked through some pictures of the car when I first got it and it was already like that. Dav3 is right it must of been replaced and not lined up properly. I'm assuming this is something a body shop will have to fix, am I correct? Lesson learned I guess I really need to look at cars better. I just had to have it though because it was the only black one lol.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Just have a body shop look at it and see if they can give you a quote or find out what's wrong. No way of knowing without looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts