Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my daughter has a 2008 convertible and the rear bumper cover came off. i am having a hard time finding a replacment , only a one for a sedan seems available.

19120700 is what i found for a coupe / conv

i mean i can find them , but $300+ is crazy when a sedan aftermarket is $80

they look the same , has anyone ever swapped ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's no difference between convertible n hard tops when it comes to replacing the bumper. Just be sure you keep the plastic rivets most replacements don't come with em. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You should be careful about this. There is an under skirt that will accommodate the tail pipe (s). Plus I think the gxp was different. I have only replaced convertible with used convertible bumper covers. Just don't go and buy without being sure first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my daughter has a 2008 convertible and the rear bumper cover came off. i am having a hard time finding a replacment , only a one for a sedan seems available.

19120700 is what i found for a coupe / conv

i mean i can find them , but $300+ is crazy when a sedan aftermarket is $80

they look the same , has anyone ever swapped ?
They are incompatible, sorry I replaced my 2006 convertible GT rear cover with a coupe GXP bought on eBay back in 2013, did that so I could split the exhaust I had put a scratch on the bumper and it needed to be painted so it seemed like the right time to make the mod. It was almost that expensive back then. Its a premium part not many to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts