Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 and I need help trying to figure out how to remove the rear bumper.

I have located 2 fasterners from inside the trunk area, but nothing else. I will assume there are clips, but before I start applying too much "muscle" I would like to know the direction, where to apply it and how many clips I am up against.

If anyone has access to an online reference or manual, it would be greatly apprciated.

Additionally, once removed, how difficult is it to re-install?

Thank you in adance for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dear Lampoon,

My daughter backed into something. The bumper cover in undamaged. But the impact damaged the metal/structure underneath which is resulting in the bumper cover not being able to return to its original shape.

I want to remove the bumper cover, fix the damage underneath and reinstall the cover.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
well from what i can tell looking at the instructions theres screws/bolts in the wheel well that you have to remove (about 4 from each side)
and theres 4 in the trunk under the carpet

then theres about5 plastic clips that hold it on you remove them by either useing a small plastic wedge to release the retainers for some and Pulling on fascia upper center to release the retainers.

sorry i cant give you more help these instructions are terrible
Im not done yet though....I will look through the service manual this afternoon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts