Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issues with suspension, when I'm driving you can hear the rear end squeaking, when I go over a bump the rear end sounds like it bottoms out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently had this problem, if you look at your rear wheels you can see the brake cable and between mount and the cable it has a metal on metal which is the squeaking. So all you have to do it pull the wheel off, whichever side it is, and grease it up.

idk which one looks better, and im pretty sure that all you needed to grease was the top part but i did the whole thing anyway

Thats for the squeaking at least

·
4,052 Posts
You just need to put grease in the metal coupler that actually holds the E-brake, and it will help out with the rear end "crickets".
But as far as the botoming out when you go over bumps: maybe shock mount or actual shock failure?

·
Registered
52 Posts
99.9% positive your bottoming out sound is your rear sway bar bushings. I had this issue, the sound just got worse and worse, this could also be your squeaking sound. FYI theyre hell to change and I even had one of the bolts sheer right off when installing the new ones, the end result was me welding the brackets back to the frame lol. I have to do the front ones but I've been putting it off as theyre not all that easy when youre limited for space to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts