Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if this goes into appearance or suspension but I'm shooting for suspension. I think the front of the g6 looks awesome. I like the way it looks and the wheels and tires fill the fender well pretty nice up front, however, the back I do not like. The wheels kinda sink into the well and don't look good to me imo. I have wheel spacers on the rear end and they look nice but I also used a new electric impact wrench on my rear lug nuts only to find that a few of them ( my only evidence is the ONE that was messed up. explained later) had rust on the inside of the lug which caused one of them to fall off while I was driving, causing a "wub-wub" noise that scared the ish outta me. I get out my 4 socket iron lug wrench and test all 5 lugs and this one lug, with part of the stud inside still, just falls off with the mere pressure of my WRIST before I put my body weight into it. Needless to say I dont know how it stayed on while driving and I went as slow as possible back home after getting as many wheel studs as I could hold from autozone. Replaced the one that broke but now I'm just paranoid about it. I want the wider stance in the back (not flush but about 1 more whole inch per wheel. *2 inches in all*) but I want it SAFELY. Any recommendations? I am not trying to get a whole new axle though.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
A really wide wheel spacer, but that risks safety. Swapping hubs and the sort is just unheard of for these cars.

Best bet, find a set of wheels you really like, get the right offset and width to fit the fender/quarter. That's how most of the stance people do it, Coil overs and incredibly wide offsets with really negative camber, That gives you the hellaflush. But on stock suspension or even only on lowering springs, a nice well fitted wheel will make all the difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw man. Problem with that is I am looking into enlisting in the marines. Very soon actually. (as soon as I get my running back up to par with my rugby days). I doubt I'll have the money for that ANYtime soon x.x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts