Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it only took one month for someone to hit me in my new GTP sedan. I got rear ended while stopped, waiting for a bus to drop off passengers. She hit me so hard that I slammed into the person infront of me. $7000 in damage to the rear left corner, the hood and the grille. It sucks. But I wasn't at fault so the insurance company should be nice to me.

any sympathy out there for me?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dood....that sucks. Sorry man. 7K worth of damage? I wonder if they will just total it out. Glad to see yer OK.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good luck.. it's always sad getting into a wreck with a new car.. it'll never be the same again.. i had to have my hood, windshield and bumper replaced on my g6.. and it just isn't how it used to be :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
rwbooth said:
Well, it only took one month for someone to hit me in my new GTP sedan. I got rear ended while stopped, waiting for a bus to drop off passengers. She hit me so hard that I slammed into the person infront of me. $7000 in damage to the rear left corner, the hood and the grille. It sucks. But I wasn't at fault so the insurance company should be nice to me.

any sympathy out there for me?

good news/bad news

good news......apparently you're 'ok' and lived to tell about it!!!

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS......what do ya want to bet that you'll have to pay the deductible on the car IN FRONT OF YOU that you hit? i was in a accident similar to that a few years ago. i was on I-465 in indy, completely stoped in traffic due to road construction when this idiot hit me in the rear going about 40mph. never hit his brakes!!!! he shoved me into the s10 pick up in front of me. the guy that hit me, well his insurance TOTALED my dakota 4x4 and gave me a nice check BUT the insurance company for the guy I hit sent me a bill for $500.00 for HIS DEDUCTABLE. because i hit HIM in the rear it was MY FAULT, even though i was STOPPED AT THE TIME!!!! i paid it rather that turn it into MY insurance company. it would just cost me more down the road.......maybe you're lucky and have "NO-FAULT" where you live?

good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, the insurance adjustor tried to give me the heads up that it they could blame me for hitting the car infront of me. I told her that it wouldn't be wise to try to pull that kind of stuff - we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah, the insurance adjustor tried to give me the heads up that it they could blame me for hitting the car infront of me. I told her that it wouldn't be wise to try to pull that kind of stuff - we'll see what happens.
IF it does, find a lawyer. Don't lay down for the other person's insurance company.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about this, I truly am.

It's so sad, a brand new car...and a beautiful one at that.

It's taboo, but do you have any pictures of your car post wreck? It'll probably kill me to see it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't have any pics - sorry. I was going to take some with my Treo but it was too dark.

The dealership is trying to get me a new one cause it was only a month old. We'll see, I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news

Hey everyone,

I just received word that the dealership managed to arrange a new car for me. The one that was beaten is going into the demo fleet and I am getting a brand spankin new one!

The sales manager called me to tell me that they found a GTP sedan with every option that my car had (which was every option) AND XM radio - sweet. It just became available in Canada. I'm supposed to pick it up on Monday - I'll let you know how she is.

Later,
RWB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts