Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since about a month after it was purchased there has been a problem with the chrome Pontiac G6 writting on the back. Some of its coming off some of its already come off. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good Old Cheap Plastic

Man that is bad. It almost looks like someone vandalized it. :eek:
I have noticed a few small spots in my paint that look like trash was blowing around when they painted it at the factory. After owning Japanese and German cars for over 10 years I am spoiled. Althought it doesn't surpise me that an emblem could come apart like that. On my M Roadster the Purple/Red and Blue Racing stripes turned to Light purple, Pink and Baby Blue. Looked like I was headed to a gay pride parade. BMW replaced the emblems at my request. I guess it just costs the manufacturer too much to make them out of metal nowdays.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lone Star G6 said:
Man that is bad. It almost looks like someone vandalized it. :eek:
I have noticed a few small spots in my paint that look like trash was blowing around when they painted it at the factory. After owning Japanese and German cars for over 10 years I am spoiled. Althought it doesn't surpise me that an emblem could come apart like that. On my M Roadster the Purple/Red and Blue Racing stripes turned to Light purple, Pink and Baby Blue. Looked like I was headed to a gay pride parade. BMW replaced the emblems at my request. I guess it just costs the manufacturer too much to make them out of metal nowdays.
Yeah the ends of the letters were like hanging there for awhile but eventually fell off. I dont think someone vandalized it, but I was looking at new G6's at the dealership and it looks like they have new emblems. The ones on this G6 are like rounded where the new ones are like beveled and dont seem so flimsy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, you've got one of the new self-shaving G6 :D

Sorry... I wouldn't consider that to be much of a problem as I prefer the smooth line so I'd take the badges off my car anyway.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Im not sure, maybe you could find replacement badges online somewhere.

If not, your car, I'm sure, is still under warrenty, just go in and have them replace it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I noticed the "t" & "c" in Pontiac being partially broken off or bent & the "G" in G6 being loose upon my first arrival home after purchase. I immediately went back & had my say in the service center - they were all too happy to get me satisfied & an appointment asap. In a few days, I took it back & all has been well in that area since. I am VERY cautious when I clean or dust that area since they are only PLASTIC adhesive lettering & "CHEAP" materials. Does anyone else miss having heavy metalicized lettering on their vehicles?!?! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
423 Posts
i, personally, LIKE these emblems. we use them alot on Mopar Products, but haven't had a major concern with them falling off or breaking off.

when i was at the Pontiac dealership last, i did notice the '06 models have bigger, plastic (i presume) emblems on them. i think they look a little TOO BIG!!

i was intertaining the idea of removing all of them but decided against it, for now. so i think i will 'stick' with mine and hopefully they will 'stick' with ME!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts