Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find any information on replacing the rear quarter panel on my 2005 G6.
It was involved in an accident and I'm hoping to do this repair at home.
Does anyone know if I can find this repair info in a Chilton's or Haynes manual?

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
I'm trying to find any information on replacing the rear quarter panel on my 2005 G6.
It was involved in an accident and I'm hoping to do this repair at home.
Does anyone know if I can find this repair info in a Chilton's or Haynes manual?
Can you weld? Have you ever done any metal fabrication?

I'd say this sort of project would be a challenge for even an experienced body man/woman. The gnarled metal needs to be cut out, then replacement metal spliced in. For sure, this is not a simple bolt-on replacement as you might find with a front fender. That is, all (rear) quarter panel work has to be grafted/welded together. So it is not a straight-forward driveway repair as might be described in a Chilton's manual.

Good luck with it.

Doug

·
2007 gt retractable
340 Posts
the haynes or chilton books won't cover this at all.you could try watching some youtube videos.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would also check with your authorities. If you were involved in a collision you may be found at fault if not repaired correctly.I would not recommend this kind of r work be done by anyone other than a licensed technition who has had the proper training.

·
08 convertible
243 Posts
Hahaha. Funny. As others said, no. Not even remotely.
Let's put it this way: If you have to ask the question, you're about $100k in equipment and 10 years of experience away from being able to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts