Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some assistance with replacing the insulators that holdthe stabilizer bar. This is for the rear.

I removed the 2 bolts that hold the insulator bracket to the frame, but unfortunately both of the bolt heads broke off leaving the rest of the bolt in the holes, and there deoesnt seem to be an easy way to reach them.

I have decided to remove the rear upper control arm in order to give me access to the broken bolts for removal..
I am having a tough time removing the inner control arm bolt. (i got the nut off , just cant get the bolt out!)

This is the adjusting bolt i believe, that is used for Toe Adjustments?

Any one have any advice?

(i plan on replacing the control arm i am trying to remove)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so I finally got that "rear suspension adjust link" bolt out, it was fused to the bushing of the upper toe-link. the bushing was just spinning with the bolt and wouldn't let go!
But as i said, it is now out.. However i am having quite a hard time finding a replacement bolt for the one I cut out. it has 2 washers that have a D shaped hole that fits the D shaped bolt. I assume this is where the adjusting part comes in.
(I'm guessing this is not an OEM part, since i believe it is originally a non adjusting bolt ?)

Anyways., once i find the replacement bolt i should be on my way to completing this repair.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I believe RockAuto lists those bolts as a Cam/Camber bolt. The ones they have are actually designed to get more or less adjustment than factory but should still work. I think they AC Delco ones for the rear.
Alternatively you can try any GM dealer. Might need to order it and who knows what they'd charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts