Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found one or made a rear strut tower brace for the G6 Sedan? I work in a metal shop so I am thinking of making one but not so sure. i just need some ideas or pointers in the right direction. Also could i just use one from a different car with the same measurements?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I know of one person who has custom made on up that looked really good.
He was going to see about making some for others but he got to busy.
As far as starting out. I know the only issue people had with his setup is you couldn't pre-load the bar. And it couldn't be adjusted. But he said he could feel a difference.

I would be interested in having one also just not my expertise.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have a few more questions?
Daniel- Is it possible to get some pictures from that guy that made one? Just so I can have some ideas.
What material do you think would be better, aluminum or stainless steel?
what would you guys pay for one? I have a front one and paid 115 so I am think some where in that range.

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
does anyone else have any ideas? I have some materials at work to use just need some building ideas?

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Does anyone think that just using the main strut/shock bolt for the strut tower brace will help or do I have to reverse the other two bolts and use them?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow, I had no idea there were rear strut tower braces, thought you could only put in an aftermarket sway bar - I will do some research because I am really interested in these as well and just over 100.00 a pop doesnt sound bad, buuut - I'd be more interested in an adjustable and personally I would go with aluminum rather than stainless steel, can made it more dense without it gaining more weight IMO.
Keep us updated please!
Dave

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am thinking about just going from the one bolt on one side to the other side with some type of bracket and a stainless steel pipe prolly 1" in diam. Does that sound good to everyone?

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the material to make one but no one showed that much interest in it so i didn't do it. I will see when i get back to work on monday

·
Registered
441 Posts
bringing up an old topic - but any word on these?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.