Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my LED tail lights in and I noticed they don't come the LED reverse bulb and the bulb located at the top end of the rear tail lights. I have an 08 G6 coupe. I couldn't really find any info and needed some help finding the bulb sizes and a reliable place to order. I'll upload pics once I get them tinted and the bulbs replaced. Also, I'm guessing I need resistors for the LED replacements?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Most aftermarket led tail light assemblies include some kind of resistor or something to take care of the turn signal hyperflash problem. If yours didn't then yea a simple led load resistor from amazon should do. Would you happen to have the reverse light bulb that came with em? A ref number is usually stamped on the light bulbs base somewhere. Otherwise we can probably match it by the pic. The tail light housing may have the number etched into it as well.

V-leds.com has some good bright leds. Superbrightleds.com is also good. Then you have the usual amazon and eBay.

·
G6's resident led guru
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also wanted to change out my license plate light for a white bright affect. Should I use an LED strip or a led bulb? if I used an LED strip, would it be hard to wire? I searched around and saw Lampoon and Jdog did it with one but was a little confused on the wiring.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The probably just wired it to the license plate light wires. I went with replacing the bulb with an LED bulb, it lights up the plate with a nice bright white light, it even shines on the ground a bit being brighter and all, But it finishes off that quality look.
I'm not sure how the coupe is, but the sedan is only 1 194 bulb.

·
G6's resident led guru
1,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I got a 2 watt led bulb from v-leds. Its brighter for having only 2 leds on it. But its a more narrow beam because it isn't completely 360 degree firing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the red bulb i just got a pair from my local auto parts store they're four forward facing leds and the seem to look the best there and i've tried many different styles

as for the license plate this is the one i have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-SMD-LED-Upgrade-High-Mount-3rd-Brake-Stop-Light-Bulbs-904-906-912-921-Pair-/121002505910?hash=item1c2c4fb6b6&item=121002505910&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

and cruisin is right just one 194
Derp... I didn't see that light.. That thing fits? Lol I'm going to order that one. Looks clean. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts