Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts changing my valve cover gaskets and ran into a snag with the rear one. Is there some special trick to remove it? I have a g6 GTP 3.9L
Thanks for any advice

·
ASE expert
75 Posts
Yes and it is one that not many people know about or have considered as I really came up with it on accident. Rock your car with the engine off, in park, back and forth, this makes the engine rock back and forth. When the engine rocks forward pull or push the Emergency brake (depends on floor or console location). The engine will remain stuck there until you release the emergency brake. Obviously the harder you rock the car the farther the engine will rock. just do not get like 3 guys to help you do this as extreme manhandling of the car in this way can break a motor mount. But you and even a second person can get the engine to rock forward about a good 3 to 8 inches forward. This is also extremely helpful with getting to the back 3 plugs in a tune up. This can be used on ALL front wheel drive cars. The GM models that had the two front "dog bone" engine mounts were easier as they had a small hole on the underside specifically to put a bolt thru the hole in the mount to keep the engine in that position.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts